As your Jacksonville orthodontist, we love to see you show off your smile. Whether you’re still in treatment for your dream smile or just got your braces off, there’s plenty of reasons to be happy about straight teeth and a healthy mouth. You’ve probably heard that laughter is the best medicine, but did you know that smiling can actually boost your mood and health? Here’s 12 reasons why you should be showing off those pearly whites all the time:
- Scientists have found that even if you’re in a bad mood, forcing yourself to smile can help lift your spirits.
- Studies have shown that it’s nearly impossible to frown while looking at someone who is smiling, it really is contagious!
- Your body has to work harder to frown than it does to smile.
- Babies are born with the ability to smile, if they can, anyone can!
- People can see smiles from 300 feet away, it’s the easiest facial expression to recognize.
- Research studies have shown that people find women more attractive when they’re smiling than when they’re wearing makeup.
- Smiling makes you more relaxed, thus improving your immune system and overall health.
- Smiling releases endorphins that help you reduce stress and feel better.
- Around the world smiling is a universal sign of happiness.
- Smiling can use anywhere from 5 to 53 muscles.
- Need a promotion? Smiling makes people appear more sociable, attractive, confident, and more likely to get promoted.
- Researchers say there are 19 different types of smiles, so there’s plenty to choose from!
Orthodontic treatment isn’t just for kids! Healthy teeth can be moved at any age, so it’s never too late to improve your smile. If your teeth are holding you back from a confident smile, give us a call to find a treatment plan that works for you. At Ortega Orthodontics, we love to see our patients showing off their pearly whites.